Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dashne_classwork04_Podcasts

Podcast is an audio and video program that are made and recorded by someone and then sent to the internet for all to hear. Podcasting videos and audios through the internet is a free service and it is like having a channel which is impressive. It is also like having a blog where you put your writing in. It is useful because it can be downloaded easily via an RSS and you can access media over the internet twice a week or more without paying even a dollar. For example, if you are a fashion designer, you can tell and show your customers where you are, what your new fashions are, and show them your new collections for forthcoming season.
Podcast is derived from both iPod and broadcasts. Podcasting was started in 2004 by Adam Curry and Dave Winer. It has started when Curry downloaded internet radio broadcasts to his iPod. 
The guy talks with Jon who is the director of Freeform Dynamics. This podcast is about green storage. Jon tells us how green storage is important. talks about green storage that is becoming less compared to six months ago. He also mentions that that people consider five things when they make a project which one of them is the idea of green storage. He maintains that it is difficult and it is not good if you are forcing plants to be green by chemical components. He says that people are waking up and they are starting to use the idea of green storage because they need to and there is environmental legislation which must be admitted. That is how green storage evolves and becomes an important idea.
In my opinion it is a very useful technology because you can publish whatever you want. In the future, I will plan to use this technology because podcasting enables me to share my voice and my thoughts. Through using this medium I can make my own talk show. If I become a businesswoman, I should have this because I can show my products and my services to my customers. Plus, I will make an audience and keep in touch with them.
I think it doesn’t have any disadvantages, and it is a good way to get new knowledge because this service has been provided worldwide, and everyone will know about one another through accessing this medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment