1. It can be used for three classic health service applications Vocera active badges, active RFID, and Mobile Clinical Assistant (MCA).
2. It can be used in some other areas such as radiology, pathology and maternity.
3. It can be used in the process of bringing new building into use.
4. It can be used for securing material management system.
5. The integration of location-technology within the network allows staff to locate people and assets in real time.
6. It is useful for emergency alert button for both staff and patients.
7. It helps IT managers to move away from having to have doctors return back to ward-based stations to input information.
8. Staff can access information and applications from anywhere within a ward.